The call for candidates for the second cohort of the Master Agricultures, Climate change, Transitions (2017-2019), Round 1, was open on November 1, 2016 , two weeks before the COP 22 in Marrakech. The call will be closed on January 28, 2017, midnight GMT. Results of the selection will be made public on this website on Februry 3, 2017, at the latest.
A second round of application will be open March 15, 2017 and will be closed on June 2, 2017, midnight GMT. Results of this second round will be published on June 15, 2017 at the latest.
The application includes that your two referees upload their letters of recommendation in the application electronic system, this will require time: get ready in advance
The registration of candidates is done on line only (no hard copy application). Be ready and prepare the documents you will have to upload!
- Select the M1 and the specialisation (M2) that you intend to choose. 2 choices for each year will be registered, by priority order. In some case, the admission committee may admit you for your second choice but not for the first one.
- Carefully read the instructions for the admission procedures;
- Prepare the documents that you will need to upload:
- A copy of your academic degrees such as your BSc or BA, with official seal;
- If not in English, French, Spanish or Italian, a certified translation of the diploma;
- A copy of the transcripts for at least the last two years of studies proving your excellent results;
- A copy of your passport showing date, place of issue, date of expiration and personal details; ID card is allowed for EU students;
- A Curriculum-vitae following the Standard European Format only. Prepare it from now!
- Motivation letter: Hand written and signed explanation of your own composition stating why you would like to attend the above mentioned master’s programme and how this programme will help you in your work and career (2 pages);
Note 1: this statement should not contain: description of the agricultural production or state or natural resources in your country, generally known facts, repetitions of what is stated in your CV. It should only state your personal motivation for attending Master ACT, your professional goals, your personal career objectives, and how this course will help you in achieving them.
Note 2 : The documents of the list above are those required for the Master ACT application. Sucessful candidates may be required to translate more documents (passport, transcripts, diploma …) in the languages of the two Universities where they will study.
- An English language test is not mandatory at the time of submission of your application. However, an IELTS level 6 will be requested on May 15th, 2017 if you are proposed for admission in Galway as a starting point, unless you are a native English speaker. Therefore be ready to provide your results in the case you are selected. If you have passed any test in French, or Spanish, please also provide a copy of your results.
- The name, email address and telephone of two referees will be required. Master ACT will contact these referees and they will be asked to fill their recommendation also on line.
We encourage candidates to read carefully the instructions on this website.